Posted to user@poi.apache.org by zspringuser zspringuser <zs...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/26 04:48:01 UTC

POI cannot resolve some formulas? Date support question?

Hi *,

2 questions:

* I download the version 3.0-alpha2 today, and do some testing on it,
however, I found POI cannot resolve some cells with formula type, did i miss
somthing or the POI provides new API to process the process formula, or
else?

* I guess POI didn't support Date so well, because sometimes the
HSSFDateUtil cannot read Date correctly, here is my solution to Date
support, just a idea,

           case HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_NUMERIC:

                if (HSSFDateUtil.isCellDateFormatted(cell)) {

                    System.out.print("\t" + cell.getDateCellValue()+"\t");
                } else {
                    System.out.print("\t" + cell.getNumericCellValue
()+"\t");

                }

Anyone please help me out of the problems, any idea is appreciated!

Sorry for my poor English.

Thanks a lot,
Thurm