Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com> on 2021/12/24 16:00:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.35.0, release candidate #8

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #8 for the version 2.35.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if no issues are found.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint
A182A23D3AA31B4874BE23FAE0256093E9D4DB9A [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.35.0-RC8" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], the blog post [6], and
publishing the API reference manual [7].
* Java artifacts were built with Gradle 6.9.1 and Oracle JDK 1.8.0_201.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2] and PyPI[8].
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.35.0 release to help with validation
[9].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [10].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

For guidelines on how to try the release in your projects, check out our
blog post at https://beam.apache.org/blog/validate-beam-release/.

Thanks,
Valentyn

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12350406

[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.35.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1245/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1243/>
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.35.0-RC8
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/621
[8] https://pypi.org/project/apache-beam/2.35.0rc8/
[9]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=.
..
[10] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.35.0, release candidate #8

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.
I also vote +1 and close this vote.

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.
> On 29 Dec 2021, at 18:34, Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com> wrote:
>
> Alexey, the link https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1245 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1245> looks correct to me. Looking at https://repository.apache.org/#stagingRepositories <https://repository.apache.org/#stagingRepositories>, I see 1245 repo pointing to RC8. Did I miss something?

Yes, I should be more precise. For some reason, the title of that link is correct but URL points to a previous repository page for me - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1243/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1243/>

So, if I click on this link in your vote email then I go to 404 page (since of course it doesn’t exist anymore). Anyway, not a big deal, I just found it by chance and wanted to mention it here just in case =)

Valentyn, many thanks for working on this tough release and make it finally happen!

—
Alexey

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.
Alexey, the link