Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Trafny Grzegorz (Centrala PZUSA)" <gT...@PZU.PL> on 2007/03/30 11:30:43 UTC

migration from 4.x to 5.x and auto redirect

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate application (let's call it App1) from Tomcat 4.x
to Tomcat 5.x (tested 5.0.28 and 5.5.23) and ... have had a problem.

Question: How to force Tomcat 5 to stop auto-redirecting context
some_server/App1/ if I request connection on some_server/App1 (lack of
last '/').

When client requests
  GET http://some_ip:some_port/App1
then, depending on Tomcat version, I receive response:
a. on Tomcat 4.x
  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
b. on Tomcat 5.0.x, 5.5.x
  HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
  Location	http://some_ip:some_port/App1/

Context: above request is sent by commons-httpclient library and it has
"follow redirect" set to "false". I can't change these setting becouse
httpclient is actually wrapped by slide-webdavlib. More over - I don't
want to change client side becouse it's (if I can avoid it) used in many
others application.

So best way for my is force Tomcat 5 to behave in compilant way with 4.

Thank you for help

Greetings

Grzegorz Trafny