Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Anna Simbirtsev <as...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/20 16:37:26 UTC

Textfield to keep the value after being refreshed

Hi,

I refresh the page using target.addComponent(fieldName);
The value that was entered in the text field is cleared. How can I get it to
keep the value?

Thanks
Anna

Re: Textfield to keep the value after being refreshed

Posted by hariharansrc <ha...@gmail.com>.
You can use the keyword static to make the textfield's value remain after
refresh or if you use any persistent frameworks the object state will be
available until you destroy it.

Re: Textfield to keep the value after being refreshed

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@libero.it>.
Hi,

which AJAX component are you using? is likely that your field's form is
not submitted,  hence field's model is not updated

Posted by Anna Simbirtsev <as...@gmail.com>.
I can't, because target.addComponent is called in the
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior on one of the field. But I already found a
solution. I added AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior to the text field, so
that the value is kept on the server.
Thanks

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anna, use an submit component like AjaxLink or AjaxButton to
> interact with server. Even if you skip the default form processing by
> set submitComponent.setDefaultFormProcessing(false) the input in the
> fieldName will be kept.
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Anna Simbirtsev <as...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I refresh the page using target.addComponent(fieldName);
> > The value that was entered in the text field is cleared. How can I get it
> > keep the value?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Anna
> >

> --
> Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos

Anna Simbirtsev
(416) 729-7331

Re: Textfield to keep the value after being refreshed

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.

--
Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos