Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Miroslav Zubcic <mv...@crol.cz> on 2001/05/25 16:58:11 UTC

Versioning - like CVS) with slide

Dear list ...

After adapting to (for me) strange concpet of configuring and running
slide, I get it up and running - with mysql for store.

But I have one question - this time easier for me :-)

How and where I can get proper clients for M$ windows for clients?
M$IE is doing job OK, and authentification on server is OK too.

I see Slide is marking uploaded files like foo.c -> foo.c_1.0
But how (and with what client) I can see/create new versions and after
that to see old ones.

Can somebody explain to me this? I have RTFM, but didn't find this
information - as far I can read.

Thanks people.

--
This signature intentionally left blank

Re: Versioning - like CVS) with slide

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Dear list ...
>
> After adapting to (for me) strange concpet of configuring and running
> slide, I get it up and running - with mysql for store.
>
> But I have one question - this time easier for me :-)
>
> How and where I can get proper clients for M$ windows for clients?
> M$IE is doing job OK, and authentification on server is OK too.
>
> I see Slide is marking uploaded files like foo.c -> foo.c_1.0
> But how (and with what client) I can see/create new versions and after
> that to see old ones.
>
> Can somebody explain to me this? I have RTFM, but didn't find this
> information - as far I can read.

At some point, the WebdavServlet was doing automatic versioning (ie, when
you do a PUT, it stores the content in a new revision).
It doesn't do this anymore, for a variety of reasons, the main one being
that Delta V mandates that no automatic versioning should happen by default.
(but, Delta V support is not there yet)

If anyone has other ideas on the subject, don't hesitate to post them.

Remy