Posted to regexp-user@jakarta.apache.org by Rod Macpherson <rm...@verilet.com> on 2003/10/02 02:29:24 UTC

JDK 1.4 Regular Expression Comparison

Looking for arguments for and against using apache regexp over the
regexp package available in the JRE. Assume we can stipulate a JRE
greater than or equal to 1.4.0.

TIA,

Rod

Re: JDK 1.4 Regular Expression Comparison

Posted by Richard Wheeldon <ri...@rswheeldon.com>.
Rod Macpherson wrote:
> Looking for arguments for and against using apache regexp over the
> regexp package available in the JRE. Assume we can stipulate a JRE
> greater than or equal to 1.4.0.

The regexp parser in 1.4.0 is very buggy. Afaik, most of these bugs
are fixed in 1.4.1,

Richard

RE: JDK 1.4 Regular Expression Comparison

Posted by Dave Bender <da...@benders-of-edina.com>.
apache is a battle-hardened veteran.  jdk1.4 regexp is a new recruit.
They're both probably fine, but with anything new you run the risk of being
the unlucky one to step on that landmine that nobody's seen.