Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by tonjg <ze...@zen.co.uk> on 2011/11/04 12:58:52 UTC

multicoloured text

does spamassassin score based on multiple different colours of text used
throughout a spam mail? (eg: a different colour used for each paragraph) if
so, is it possible to tweak the rule and increase that score?

Re: multicoloured text

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
>> Not that I am aware of.  That sounds more like a style score than
>> something indicative of spam/ham, though.  Have you seen a pattern?
> yeah sometimes I get price lists I never asked for from suppliers I've never
> heard of and they often use multi-coloured text for loudness. These emails
> are scoring too low.

I doubt it is indicative of just spam.  I have plenty of people who use
47 colors in legitimate emails as well.  Happy to test a rule if you
think you have an idea but to me it sounds like a waste of time.

Re: multicoloured text

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Sat, 5 Nov 2011, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 05.11.11 08:59, John Hardin wrote:
>> That would probably require new code in the HTML parsing plugin, as the
>> rules don't provide "memory". It would be easy to count how many tags had
>> color, but counting how many _different_ colors would be difficult.
>
> luckily perl supports hashes :)

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking for a way to do it. Build a hash
of the color codes, then you can have a rule for the number of colors and
rules (if desired) for the presence of specific colors.

   "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never
   does quite what I want. I wish Christopher Robin was here."
                                            -- Peter da Silva in a.s.r
  Tomorrow: Daylight Saving Time ends in U.S. - Fall Back

Re: multicoloured text

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 05.11.11 08:59, John Hardin wrote:
>That would probably require new code in the HTML parsing plugin, as
>the rules don't provide "memory". It would be easy to count how many
>tags had color, but counting how many _different_ colors would be
>difficult.

luckily perl supports hashes :)
"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."

Re: multicoloured text

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.

Re: multicoloured text

Posted by tonjg <ze...@zen.co.uk>.

Re: multicoloured text

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 11/4/2011 7:58 AM, tonjg wrote:
> does spamassassin score based on multiple different colours of text used
> throughout a spam mail? (eg: a different colour used for each paragraph) if
> so, is it possible to tweak the rule and increase that score?

Not that I am aware of.  That sounds more like a style score than something indicative of spam/ham, though.  Have you seen a pattern?

Regards,
KAM

Re: multicoloured text

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 04:58:52 -0700 (PDT), tonjg wrote:
> does spamassassin score based on multiple different colours of text
> used
> throughout a spam mail? (eg: a different colour used for each
> paragraph) if
> so, is it possible to tweak the rule and increase that score?

body rules strip all html tags
rawbody keeps all html tags

feel free to make rules :)