Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by kc24 <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/19 11:27:56 UTC

Need support for My recommendation engine (2nd recommendation template in recommendation section of gallery)

Hi ,
I am very new to prediction ii hence I gone through the detailed steps in
installing the platform and using the demo engine from Url:

https://predictionio.apache.org/templates/recommendation/quickstart/

I successfully installed and used the demo data to predict few
recommendations for any given user ID as a query.

But I need help in understanding of I can use the default "My
recommendation" engine from official site which uses "rate" and "buy"
events to predict the results for any query if the input data is totally of
"String" format.

Example:
 apple::vitaminC::fruit
Instead of sample data which is in the format as below
1::49::3
(User ID:: item number:: rating)

I tried but I understand in somewhere in preparatory class these data is
getting converted to Int values from String inputs before being used by ALS
Algorithm classes in src/main/scala.

In my case I won't be able to get the int value , what to do in such case.

What I am also trying to predict is which vitamin a given fruit as query
may contain more.

Thanks
Kartik