Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ian Forde <if...@marketo.com> on 2014/12/31 00:58:33 UTC

Cloudmonkey potential bug

Hi all -

I’ve just detected some more strange behavior in Cloudmonkey.  If I have a cluster named, “cluster1”, in a zone named, “pod1” inside a zone named, “zone1”, I should be able to list it correctly, yes?

(local) 🐵 > list clusters

count = 1

cluster:

name = cluster1

id = d2e79c24-88e4-40f8-9639-e262c6e85f03

allocationstate = Enabled

clustertype = CloudManaged

cpuovercommitratio = 1.0

hypervisortype = XenServer

managedstate = Managed

memoryovercommitratio = 1.0

podid = d27ea9af-4228-482b-89ff-0f36f74e5a48

podname = pod1

zoneid = e362b144-04db-4540-aa53-75d9e2ffa832

zonename = zone1

So why does this happen?

(local) 🐵 > list clusters name=ster1

count = 1

cluster:

name = cluster1

id = d2e79c24-88e4-40f8-9639-e262c6e85f03

allocationstate = Enabled

clustertype = CloudManaged

cpuovercommitratio = 1.0

hypervisortype = XenServer

managedstate = Managed

memoryovercommitratio = 1.0

podid = d27ea9af-4228-482b-89ff-0f36f74e5a48

podname = pod1

zoneid = e362b144-04db-4540-aa53-75d9e2ffa832

zonename = zone1

Note that it appears to match the trailing characters of the object’s name.  I also verified that this happens for pods, but zones appear to manifest the correct behavior.  Tested with Cloudmonkey 5.3.0 and a fresh checkout from github (5.3.1) using the master branch.

Can anyone else replicate this?

  -I

Re: Cloudmonkey potential bug

Posted by Ian Forde <if...@marketo.com>.
No worries - I just didn’t want to file one without having confirmation on
the mailing list first. ;)  Thanks again…

  -I

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
> [...]

>> you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take
>> any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please
>> contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.
>> Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue
>> Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated
>> under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is
>> a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape
>> Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of
>> South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue
>> is a registered trademark.

Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 8826230892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
PS. If you see any footer below, I did not add it :)

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Cloudmonkey potential bug

Posted by Ian Forde <if...@marketo.com>.

Posted by Ian Forde <if...@marketo.com>.
(Note for anyone remotely interested in this later, it’s actually an array
returned, not a hash.  My mistake.)

Posted by Ian Forde <if...@marketo.com>.
Hi Rohit,

From a bash perspective (since I started down this path from cloudmonkey),