Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Michael Mior <mi...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/03 16:09:08 UTC

Error installing Phoenix

I have a working HBase installation, but when I drop the Phoenix
server JAR on my master and region server, I get the error message
below.

I'm using the Cloudera 5.4.8 packages of HBase 1.0.0. Currently I only
have a two node installation with the YARN ResourceManager, the HDFS
NameNode, ZooKeeper, and the HBase master on one node and the
NodeManager, HDFS DataNode, HBase region server and thrift server on
the other. (I'm using two nodes and no replication just to play around
with Phoenix).

I've tried both Phoenix 4.6.0 and 4.5.2 and I get the same error. Any
help figuring out what is going on would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

2015-11-03 09:31:38,695 ERROR
[B.defaultRpcServer.handler=4,queue=1,port=60020]
coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl: createTable failed
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Scan.setRaw(Z)Lorg/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Scan;
    at org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.buildDeletedTable(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:973)
    at org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.loadTable(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:1049)
    at org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.createTable(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:1223)
    at org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.generated.MetaDataProtos$MetaDataService.callMethod(MetaDataProtos.java:11619)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.execService(HRegion.java:7060)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RSRpcServices.execServiceOnRegion(RSRpcServices.java:1746)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RSRpcServices.execService(RSRpcServices.java:1728)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:31447)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2035)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:107)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:130)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:107)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
2015-11-03 09:32:07,767 ERROR
[B.defaultRpcServer.handler=15,queue=0,port=60020]
[...]

Cheers,
--
Michael Mior
michael.mior@gmail.com

Re: Error installing Phoenix

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@uwaterloo.ca>.
Thanks for the quick response! That seems to be working perfectly. It
would be nice if this were included in the documentation since
Cloudera installs are relatively common.

Cheers,
--
Michael Mior
michael.mior@gmail.com