Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Apache Software Foundation <hu...@Apache.Org> on 2003/04/14 18:49:42 UTC

Re: one of your pages appears to be in japanese

acked.
--
The Apache Software Foundation

If you have not looked at http://www.apache.org/foundation/preFAQ.html
PLEASE DO SO NOW.  There's an excellent chance your question/concern
is addressed therein.  If your question concerns licensing, please see
http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html

Re: one of your pages appears to be in japanese

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
We would need to see your complete and accurate Accept: line to see what
is going on.  Obviously, if Japanese is ahead of English, you will get the
Japanese version.  But also remember that "en-us" or "en-gb" are not the
same as "en".  So if you want english first, you need "en" ahead of "ja".

Joshua.

Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:16:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Naval Grau <en...@yahoo.com>
To: webmaster@apache.org
Subject: one of your pages appears to be in japanese

Hello:

This page appears in japanese in my browser:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html

I'm using IE 6 and my language options are Spanish,
German, Japanese and English in that order.

Putting English at the top of the list and/or japanese
at the bottom will not work.

The page won't appear in English until I delete
Japanese from the list. All other pages are served in
English.

I guess your english page is not labeled as english,
and server picks next option?

Have a good day.

Re: one of your pages appears to be in japanese

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Apache Software Foundation wrote:

> This page appears in japanese in my browser:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html
>
> I'm using IE 6 and my language options are Spanish,
> German, Japanese and English in that order.
>
> Putting English at the top of the list and/or japanese
> at the bottom will not work.

Strange, works fine for me.
(perhaps the old en-foo problem? Proxy?)

nd
--
Flhacs wird im Usenet grundsätzlich alsfhc geschrieben. Schreibt man
lafhsc nicht slfach, so ist das schlichtweg hclafs. Hingegen darf man