Posted to user@geode.apache.org by vas aj <va...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/23 23:31:35 UTC

Spinning Geode locators using docker compose

Hi team,

I am trying to set up a Geode cluster with one locator for WRITE and
another locator for READ using docker-compose.

*The following docker command is the only working model I have found out so
far :*

docker run --rm -it --network my-docker-network --hostname my.hostname.net
-p 10550:10334 -p *40404*:40404 apachegeode/geode:1.11.0

gfsh > start locator --name=locator1 --hostname-for-clients=my.hostname.net
gfsh > start server --name=server1 --locators=my.hostname.net[10334]
--server-port=*40404*
gfsh > create region --name=my-region --type=PARTITION_PERSISTENT

Below is the cache.xml to connect to geode locator @ my.hostname.net
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<client-cache>
    <pool name="clientCachePool">
        <locator host="my.hostname.net" port="10550"/>
    </pool>
    <region name="my-region" refid="PROXY"/>
</client-cache>

The problem I face is if I don't expose server port *40404* or I expose
server port as 50505, I fail to connect to geode locator @ my.hostname.net.

In docker-compose.yml, I cannot expose 2 containers on the same port #
40404.
How can I spin 2 locators using docker-compose so that I can connect to
WRITE locator @ 10550 and READ locator @ 10551?

Kindly help.

Thanks,

RE: Spinning Geode locators using docker compose

Posted by Alberto Bustamante Reyes <al...@est.tech>.
Hi,

Some months ago I was using docker compose for starting a cluster with one locator and two servers for testing purposes.
You can check it here, I hope it helps: https://github.com/alb3rtobr/geode-docker

BR/

Alberto B.
I am trying to set up a Geode cluster with one locator for WRITE and another locator for READ using docker-compose.

The following docker command is the only working model I have found out so far :

docker run --rm -it --network my-docker-network --hostname my.hostname.net<http://my.hostname.net> -p 10550:10334 -p 40404:40404 apachegeode/geode:1.11.0

gfsh > start locator --name=locator1 --hostname-for-clients=my.hostname.net<http://my.hostname.net>
gfsh > start server --name=server1 --locators=my.hostname.net<http://my.hostname.net>[10334] --server-port=40404
gfsh > create region --name=my-region --type=PARTITION_PERSISTENT

Below is the cache.xml to connect to geode locator @ my.hostname.net<http://my.hostname.net>
        <locator host="my.hostname.net<http://my.hostname.net>" port="10550"/>

The problem I face is if I don't expose server port 40404 or I expose server port as 50505, I fail to connect to geode locator @ my.hostname.net<http://my.hostname.net>.