Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/13 16:23:59 UTC

Re: too many apache digester logs

> catalina.properties
> <http://tomcat.10.x6.nabble.com/file/n5004650/catalina.properties>
>

> consoleoutput.txt
> <http://tomcat.10.x6.nabble.com/file/n5004650/consoleoutput.txt>

Citing from that consoleoutput.txt, for future readers:
[[[
Sep 12, 2013 1:04:10 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester startElement
FINE:   New match='web-app/servlet-mapping'
Sep 12, 2013 1:04:10 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester startElement
FINE:   Fire begin() for CallMethodRule[methodName=addServletMapping,
paramCount=2, paramTypes={java.lang.String, java.lang.String}]
Sep 12, 2013 1:04:10 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester pushParams
FINER: Pushing params
Sep 12, 2013 1:04:10 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester characters
FINE: characters(
        )

]]]

2013/9/13 fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks for your reply , I attached my loggin.properties   logging.properties
> <http://tomcat.10.x6.nabble.com/file/n5004666/logging.properties>   please
> tell me what is wrong in this .

1. The rules

http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
"7. (...) Do not send attachments."

2. Why do you have the following lines in your logging.properties?

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.level = INFO
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.level = INFO

Those won't result in such output, but maybe they had different values before.

(That is maybe you are looking at a wrong logging.properties file, or
at a stale log file. Did you restart Tomcat after changing the
configuration?)

3. Logging can be configured not only globally but at web application
level as well. That is done by placing a "logging.properties" file on
the classpath (usually in app's WEB-INF/classes).

If any of libraries used by your web application have such
"logging.properties" file, it will interfere with webapp's logging
configuration. I have seen such a broken library once.

Logging can also be reconfigured at runtime via java.util.logging API.

Try to (un)deploy web applications one-by-one to see if this debug
message persists.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko