Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Matteo Artuso <ma...@unimaticaspa.it> on 2002/11/27 16:08:20 UTC

problem under JDK1.3.x

Hi, I use XML Apache security software to sign XML whith JDK 1.4 and different provider, BC, SUN, IAIK... and works fine.
Unfortunally, I have to try it under JDK 1.3.1 haven't JCE inside.
I downloaded jce library 1.2.2 from SUN site, and configured jre/lib/ext following their specify. (copy jar files and edit policy files...)
Then provider bouncycastle for jdk 1.3.x
But it doesn't work both bouncycastle and SUN provider.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks

Ing. Matteo Artuso
Unimatica SpA
e-mail martuso@unimaticaspa.it
tel. 051 7790331
centralino 051 7790311
fax 051 7790350

RE: problem under JDK1.3.x

Posted by Matteo Artuso <ma...@unimaticaspa.it>.
Thanks to every body.
I recompiled jar with debug info and found that problem is independent from
privider or java policy configuration etc.
I call method checkSignatureValue(Key pk) in XMLSignature class.
I keep publik Key from certificate in a xml allready signed.
In the first try of method there is this instrution:
    if (!this.getSignedInfo()
                 .verify(this._followManifestsDuringValidation)) {...
Follow it I found that in class IdResolver method:
getElementByIdInDSNamespace(Document doc, String id)
that uses XPathAPI.selectSingleNode(doc,
                              "//ds:*[@Id='" + id + "']", nscontext);
to find signed subtree.
This instruction cause the excetion:
	java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
I parse file of 539 kb.

Now I change VM 1.4.0_01 (with right xalan in jre/lib/endorsed) but I have
the same problem.
It's very strange 'couse before I hadn't it.
I try to download last version of xalan and put it in jre/lib/endorsed.

RE: problem under JDK1.3.x

Posted by Matteo Artuso <ma...@unimaticaspa.it>.
I just found that the problem depending on dimension of xml to parse.
The xml is 539 kb and contains 61 signatures.
But now the question is: why until 2 days ago I was able to parse/verify
this file with only about one second and half per signature?

M@

RE: problem under JDK1.3.x

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.

RE: problem under JDK1.3.x

Posted by Matteo Artuso <ma...@unimaticaspa.it>.
Sorry, you right.
"doesn't work" means:
	java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
	<<no stack trace available>>
I think it depends on wrong configuration of policy and jar in jre/lib/ext
but Im not sure and as I sad I followed the instruction in SUN site.
If you have ever run XML security under JDK 1.3, can you tell me how did you
set enviroment(jre, provider, etc..)
Anyway thanks a lot for your quickly response.

M@tteo

Re: problem under JDK1.3.x

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.