Posted to user@hive.apache.org by dengzhhu653 <de...@163.com> on 2020/03/27 06:59:33 UTC

Memory status chek on HashTableSinkOperator

Hi all

     When reading the codes of HashTableSinkOperator,  I am confused why do we monitor memory usage only when the mapjoin key has never been seen before. If the mapjoin keys are much less than the table rows, there is a chance that the HashTableSinkOperator will never check the memory,  as the rowContainer mapping by the incoming join key should be not null at all. In this case, the MapRedLocalTask catches OOM exception and crashes down the hiveserver2 when running in the same process.
    Any insight on this?

    Thanks
    Zhihua