Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2002/05/10 19:55:56 UTC

Re: FW: Apache 2.0.36 and xcopy on WinNT

Ahhh.  Win95 and forward do support the /y flag.  Since WinNT does not,
I'll revert the change that presumed our modern command.com/cmd.exe
based xcopy'ies all work.

Expect a fix in .37 - thanks for the report!

Bill

Posted by Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>.
At 03:00 PM 05/10/2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>At 01:18 PM 5/10/2002, you wrote:
>>At 01:55 PM 05/10/2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>>Ahhh.  Win95 and forward do support the /y flag.  Since WinNT does
>>>not, I'll revert the change that presumed our modern
>>>command.com/cmd.exe based xcopy'ies all work.
>>>
>>>Expect a fix in .37 - thanks for the report!
>>
>>You can put the /y switch in the COPYCMD environment
>>variable.  WinNT's xcopy ignores this, but Win2K's will pick it up.
>
>Won't solve the problem.  You have no idea how many 'Y's they must
>push, nor how that will break in-IDE builds :-)  Will revert to the
>old <.y.

What do you mean by "how many 'Y's they must push"?  I also don't see
how it can break in-IDE builds.  We use it with in-IDE builds all the
time.  If you're worried about it affecting other xcopy commands, set
the COPYCMD variable to /y, call xcopy, and then clear it again.

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu

Re: FW: Apache 2.0.36 and xcopy on WinNT

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>.