Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bouche Paul <Pa...@student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> on 2005/01/06 12:39:43 UTC

[Repost] extra classes vs. inheritance search

Hi,
I habe the following problem

I have an interface similar to this

public interface IWebService
{
    public RequestSearchResult requestSearch(SearchRequestBase[] searchRequests);
}

and the classes look the following

the ReqeustSearchResult is not the problem

public abstract class SearchRequestBase
{
    public String searchRequestTypeIdentification;
}

and now the acutal "problem"

public class CarFoo extends SearchRequestBase {

	private String countryIsoCode;
	private String carID;
	private String fromStatID;
	private String toStatID;
	private String cardNumber;
	private String email;
	private String telephone;
	private String extras;
	private String agentID;
	// ... getters / setters ...
}

public class HotelFoo extends SearchRequestBase
{
    public String topasCityID;
    public String topasRegionIDOrTopasCountryIsoCode;
    public String arrivalDay;
    public String arrivalMonth;
    // ... getters / setters
}

The problem now is when I run

java2wsdl IWebService

the generated wsdl only contains information (schemata) about the SearchReqeustBase and not about for example about HotelFoo. I know I can fix this by calling java2wsdl the following way

java2wsdl -e HotelFoo IWebService

The problem now is that the actual interface I have is much more complex and I have this case (using inheritance) several times and am trying to look for a different fix other than adding each class with -e option.  Is there a way one can make Axis look (ie. inheritance search) for  additional classes for which to generate *schemata* (not the option -a which looks for additional *methods* in inherited classes from the one specified).
Does anyone have an suggestions?
(I know I maybe could add functionality to the java2wsdl framework but I don't have the resources to do that - yet if everyone would say that there wouldn't be an AXIS project)
Right now I have a shell script where I have added all the classes maually but since I am working in a team project and others add classes I don't every time want to go over the whole project again and look for added classes.

Thx for any help,
Paul

.

.