Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Yifan Ying <na...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/02 04:46:22 UTC

Kafka constant shrinking and expanding after deleting a topic

Hi All,

We deleted a deprecated topic on Kafka cluster(0.8) and started observing
constant 'Expanding ISR for partition' and 'Shrinking ISR for partition'
for other topics. As a result we saw a huge number of under replicated
partitions and very high request latency from Kafka. And it doesn't seem
able to recover itself.

Anyone knows what caused this issue and how to resolve it?

Re: Kafka constant shrinking and expanding after deleting a topic

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Alexis,

Hmm, yours seems a bug in Kafka brokers since your message relates to a
topic that has been deleted months ago, indicating that the topic was not
deleted cleanly. Could you file a JIRA with server logs for further
investigation?

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Kafka constant shrinking and expanding after deleting a topic

Posted by Yifan Ying <na...@gmail.com>.
Guozhang, thanks for these links.

Hi Alexis, as Guozhang said, yours seems different from our case. We
deleted a topic but caused shrinking/expanding for other topics.

Yifan

--
Yifan

Re: Kafka constant shrinking and expanding after deleting a topic

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Kafka constant shrinking and expanding after deleting a topic

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Kafka constant shrinking and expanding after deleting a topic

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Yifan,