Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Michael Gustav Simon <mg...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/22 15:19:58 UTC

PortletPermission

Hello,
I do not understand the permission for portlets!

If I set a role (ex. admin) to a portlet (ex. Helloworld Portlet Wrapper) in
the "Root Folder >> Jetspeed Administrative Portlets >> Portlet Application
Manager" / "Portlet Application Detail" tab "Portlets" subtab "Security" and
relogin with an user (ex. user), the portlet can selected (portlet: "Portlet
Selector") for in the customization page.

The portlet "Portlet Selector" will filter the portlets with the following
code-snippet.

(PortletSelector.java)
if (permissionManager.checkPermission(subject,
  new PortletPermission( portlet.getUniqueName(),
  SecuredResource.VIEW_ACTION, subject )))
{
  list.add(new PortletInfo(uniqueName, portlet.getDisplayNameText(locale),
portlet.getDescriptionText(locale)));
}

Why is this portlet selectable?

greets,