Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Brian. W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com> on 2004/02/26 17:52:57 UTC

Error in rcs file in httpd-2.0 CVS repository

I'm in the process of testing out the cvs2svn.py converter, and the
converter found an inconsistency in the httpd-2.0 repository.

The file
/httpd-2.0/docs/manual/misc/Attic/known_client_problems.html,v

Contains

APACHE_1_2_X:1.3;

which is a tag at rev 1.3, while all other rcs declarations of that
symbolic name are a branch. For example:

APACHE_1_2_X:1.6.0.2

Note that the second to last number is a zero--this is indicative of a
branch.

Anyway, this should be fixed (in fact, it needs to be fixed in order to
convert the repository to svn), and the solution is merely to change the
offending line to

APACHE_1_2_X:1.3.0.2;

(Don't forget the semicolon--it's the last symbolic name on that file,
so it's necessary.)

Can someone with the appropriate admin-fu take care of this?

-Fitz

RE: Error in rcs file in httpd-2.0 CVS repository

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 07:07, Sung Kim wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:17, Sander Striker wrote:

Don't know about soon, but we are looking into it.

Sander

RE: Error in rcs file in httpd-2.0 CVS repository

Posted by Sung Kim <hu...@ucsc.edu>.

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:17, Sander Striker wrote:

- Sung

RE: Error in rcs file in httpd-2.0 CVS repository

Posted by "Brian. W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.

Posted by "Brian. W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.
On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:17, Sander Striker wrote:

Well, it's a showstopper, so I thought I'd shoot out a mail about it
right away.

I'll make a local copy of the httpd repository, fix that tag, and see
how far I can get.

Posted by "Brian. W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.
On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:17, Sander Striker wrote:

Just to let you know, this is the only problem that I can find.  I
successfully converted the entire httpd-2.0 repository.

It took 5 hours and 58 minutes and has 14,381 revisions. :-)

-Fitz