Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/25 16:58:57 UTC

[All][Math] Jenkins: multiple branches (how to ...?)

Hello.

I've modified the configuration of the "commons-math" job[1] in a
way that seems to indicate that Jenkins would check out the
"master" and the "feature__MATH-1563__genetic_algorithm"
branches and build both.
However, only "master" shows up in the log[2] of the build started
manually after saving the new configuration.

Is the job's config wrong/incomplete?
Should another job (Jenkins "item") be created for both branches
to be built?

Regards,
Gilles

[1] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Commons/job/commons-math/
[2] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Commons/job/commons-math/236/console

Re: [All][Math] Jenkins: multiple branches (how to ...?)

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Le dim. 30 janv. 2022 à 01:17, Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 at 00:09, Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Gilles, the Slack tool is the same one we used for GSOC 2020. I just
> > clicked the link and could sign in as before and see the previous GSOC
> > channel. You should have an account left over from GSOC.
> >
> > Alex
>
> PS. I used my apache.org email address to sign in. My browser
> remembered the password but there is a 'Forgot your password?' link
> too so you could try that assuming you used your apache email address
> (this may be a requirement for the registration process but I cannot
> remember and your current profile in slack has no email address
> showing).

Indeed, I had this password stored somewhere.

Thanks for the reminder!

Best,
Gilles

Re: [All][Math] Jenkins: multiple branches (how to ...?)

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <br...@gmail.com>.
Almost forgot, there's a commons room in that Slack too. I rarely log in to
the ASF Slack, but when I do I check that room. Sometimes votes are
announced there too, which helps me when I have accidentally moved a vote
thread to another folder or forgotten about it.

-B

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Le dim. 30 janv. 2022 à 19:34, Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I filed a JIRA report:
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22818

No answer yet; I created another Jenkins job in the meantime:
  https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Commons/job/commons-math__ga_branch/

Gilles

Re: [All][Math] Jenkins: multiple branches (how to ...?)

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Le sam. 29 janv. 2022 à 22:41, Bruno Kinoshita

> [...]
>
> Just logged in now and confirmed that there is an "asfinfra" room. Over the
> weekend I only found messages from the bots about JIRA/GitHub for INFRA.
> But they were chatting in the channel Wed/Thu/Friday. So if you join you
> should be able to get it answered pretty quickly over the next week, or use
> JIRA if you don't want to use Slack, they normally respond quickly over
> there too.

I filed a JIRA report:

Gilles

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <br...@gmail.com>.