Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Shipper, Jay [USA]" <Sh...@bah.com> on 2013/08/26 22:10:20 UTC

Accumulo (1.5.0) Master Will Not Start

Here is what is being logged to the console when I try to start the accumulo (1.5.0) master service:
---
$ sudo service accumulo-master start
Not running
Starting...
2013-08-26 19:46:41,674 [vfs.AccumuloVFSClassLoader] WARN : ignoring classpath entry file:///usr/lib/accumulo/lib/ext/[^.].*.jar
2013-08-26 19:46:43,342 [server.Accumulo] INFO : Attempting to talk to zookeeper
2013-08-26 19:46:43,505 [server.Accumulo] INFO : Zookeeper connected and initialized, attemping to talk to HDFS
2013-08-26 19:46:43,658 [server.Accumulo] INFO : Connected to HDFS
Failed
---

What could cause this behavior?  HDFS and Zookeeper both appear fine, the accumulo monitor shows the zookeeper servers, and all the other accumulo services are still up on their respective nodes.  Nothing is getting logged in our accumulo logs directory.

If you need any other information to make a diagnosis, just ask for what you need.  We have a working cluster with pretty much the same setup (EC2, CentOS, Hadoop 2, etc.), which is why we're very puzzled.

Thanks,
_________________
Jay Shipper
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
shipper_jay@bah.com<ma...@bah.com>

Re: [External] Re: Accumulo (1.5.0) Master Will Not Start

Posted by "Shipper, Jay [USA]" <Sh...@bah.com>.
Yes, jps is in /usr/bin, which is in the PATH specified on the master
script.
_________________
Jay Shipper
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
shipper_jay@bah.com

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Josh, I'm looking into it, but haven't touched them yet.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Posted by "Shipper, Jay [USA]" <Sh...@bah.com>.