Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/23 11:58:52 UTC

Jira Agile Dashboard and Sprint Details

Hi All

Over the weekend I setup a sprint in Jira to coincide with the Hot Wax Bug
Crush event and assigned all our current backlog to that sprint. (I didnt
realise but this caused Jira to send out a message for every assignment – so
sorry for flooding people's email!)

I was interested in how Jira could help us in future manage and track issues
using the Agile Dashboard.

Here is a quick summary:

There is an OFBiz Agile Test Dashboard setup called OFBiz Test (we can
easily rename it) found here

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=64&view=planning
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=64&view=planning>

This default view is in planning mode. There is also a work mode and  a
report mode (see buttons in top right of screen)

Planning mode lists all the issues in our backlog and  all issues assigned
to a sprint.  I assigned all our current backlog to the sprint created at
the weekend. They will be automatically assigned to any future sprints
created until they are complete.

In Work Mode we can view the list of issues to do, those in progress and
those completed.

In Report Mode we can view the we look at various reports including the
Issue Burndown Chart or  Sprint Report. I've inlcuded a link to the Sprint
Report below (currently showing that 22 issues were closed during the
sprint).

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=64&view=reporting&chart=sprintRetrospective&sprint=91
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=64&view=reporting&chart=sprintRetrospective&sprint=91>

I think this could be a good tool to help us track the work done during the
Community Day next month so I will setup a sprint for that event. Estimates
can be added to issues if we want to track that information but I haven't
been able to setup an Epic (but I'm not too sure if we want this anyway).

If there is interest then we can also use it on an on-going basis (e.g setup
a sprint every 2 weeks so that we can track the issues in progress and being
resolved).

What do people think? Feedback welcome.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Jira Agile Dashboard and Sprint Details

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Sharan: I think we can keep it and rename it "All pending issues"

As said Pierre, for next "Bug Crush Event", better to focus on relevant issues.
The Indian HWM team gave their 247: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y4n1WYTobMTa78E-Y0_zvYPTGwFrAykWmDhz6G4g3GA/edit?pli=1#gid=0 (instead of
remaining 674 in yours ;) )

Pierre: woooaaa, did you really review hundreds of messages during the weekend :-o ?

Jacques

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.