Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turansky, Mark" <mt...@keymind.com> on 2003/08/26 22:56:57 UTC

javac problems with Tomcat as NT Service

I have installed the J2SE and J2EE SDKs to c:\java.
I installed Tomcat to c:\Tomcat.
I have X_HOME variables for both installations in my computers Environment Variables.

The problem is that the SDKs also install a JRE to c:\program files\java\.

When I run Tomcat in a console window, everything runs fine.  Tomcat uses JAVA_HOME which has javac.

When Tomcat runs as a service, I assume it is using the JRE in Program Files because JSPs that have not
been compiled cannot be!  I receive an error and the logs point to the fact that Tomcat cannot create
the javac process.

Is there a way to set the Tomcat service to use my JAVA_HOME installation instead of the Program Files JRE?  Are there any other solutions to this problem?  I don't want to have to precompile every JSP page before I put code onto my production box, nor do I want to run my production server in a console window started by hand.

Thanks in advance,
Mark Turansky