Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ninju Bohra <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/18 19:17:04 UTC

Is should be simple...but

Hello all,

We are (finally !!!) starting to look at Java 1.5 at
our project site.  And the first step is to build our
code using the 1.5 JDK but in 1.4 compliant mode.

After installing jdk1.5.0_04, I modified my <javac> to
the following:

        <javac
               destdir="${classes.dir}"
               includes="**/*.java"
               memoryMaximumSize="512m"
               debug="true"
               compiler="javac1.4"
               target="1.4"
               fork="true"
               deprecation="false">
            .
            .
        </javac>

Note, the compiler and target attributes.

When I run it I get the follow error:

cybere_compile:
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler
setting.
    [javac] Compiling 1605 source files to
C:\Projects\classes
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler
setting.
    [javac] javac: target release 1.4 conflicts with
default source release 1.5

What's up with that?

How do I get 1.4 bytecode emitting using the <javac>
task with jdk1.5.0_04

Thanx,

Ninju

Re: Is should be simple...but

Posted by Ninju Bohra <ni...@yahoo.com>.
This worked... thanx.

Re: Is should be simple...but

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
source="1.4"

Re: Is should be simple...but

Posted by Ivan Ivanov <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Ninju,

--- Ninju Bohra <ni...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How do I get 1.4 bytecode emitting using the <javac>
> task with jdk1.5.0_04
Well, can you try with
<javac target="jsr14"  ..../>

Regards