Posted to community@apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/01/05 12:19:04 UTC

Apache workshop at the II Open Source World Conference

Hi all,

a friend of mine is involved in the organization of the II Open Source
World Conference in Malaga, Spain, on 15th, 16th and 17th of February
2006.

http://www.opensourceworldconference.com/malaga06/en/modules/wiwimod/

He asked me whether I can invite some "important" people from Apache.
The conference is paid by politicians and they would love to invite "big
names".

Since we are all important here ;-) I would like to ask people
(preferable living in Europe) to write me if they have interest doing a
small workshop and being invited to this conference. He thinks they have
a budget for 2-3 people.

Note: Please understand that the final decision who will be invited lies
by the Junta de Andalucia and not by my friend. My friend will only
present the possible invitees. Like said before if you are well known
(member, PMC officer, ...) you probably get picked before somebody new
(sorry about that).

Everyone that is in Malaga on this days and can make it to the
conference, let us met to have a beer (or really good wine). I will be
probably as well there. :)

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [NOT_OFFLIST] Re: Apache workshop at the II Open Source World Conference

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
OK, so it wasn't offlist - sorry for the noise. At least there is
nothing private in it ;-)

Ross

[OFFLIST] Re: Apache workshop at the II Open Source World Conference

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a friend of mine is involved in the organization of the II Open Source
> World Conference in Malaga, Spain, on 15th, 16th and 17th of February
> 2006.
>
> http://www.opensourceworldconference.com/malaga06/en/modules/wiwimod/

As a recently appointed Member I would love to do something for this
conference. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

As an idea for a workshop, I notice that one of the topics of the
conference is:

"The Free and Opensource Software as a key instrument in education and
digital integration: tool, driving force of change and vector of ideas."

As you know I have an education background and have, in the past, been
funded by IBM to develop Open Source software for the education sector.
That project is still ongoing (although very sleepy right now). Of
course, it is Forrest based.

I could do something along the lines of a review of good projects for
Education and Integration, or if something more practicle is required I
could do OSS software and tools for the reuse of existing materials in
an educational environment. Or.... (open to discussion)

I seem to remember I owe you some beers (its in the IRC logs somewhere),
maybe this is the time for you to claim those beers.

Ross