Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2002/10/26 17:16:02 UTC

checkstyle upgrade (Re: licensing issues revisited)

All,

any -1 on upgrading to 2.4? (I think this is a lazy vote :)

Also, current framework has

--------------
    <target name="checkstyle" if="do.checkstyle"
description="Checkstyle">

        <!-- this invocation of checkstyle requires that checkstyle be
downloaded and setup -->
        <!-- thats why you are required to define do.checkstyle property
to generate the report -->
--------------

where you need to set "do.checkstyle" yourself. Any problems with doing

--------------
    <target name="setup-properties" >
        <available property="do.checkstyle"
classname="com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.CheckStyleTask">
            <classpath refid="tools.class.path"/>
        </available>
just checking as there might be people who autoformat the code on
checkout, as I used to do before becoming an bracket-on-next-line-
convert....

cheers,

Leo