Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk> on 2004/04/06 10:27:20 UTC

5.0.19 - won't start on anything other thatn *nix

Hi folks,
I've now tried Tomcat 5.0.19 on 3 different machines and 2 OSes:
On Windows XP and MAC OS X 10.3.3, running bin/startup.bat/sh or
bin/catalina.bat/sh start produces the error:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.setAwait(boolean)
         at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:978)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.setAwait(Bootstrap.java:337)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:396)
JAVA_HOME and CATALINE_HOME are set OK. No errors are produced by
catalina.bat regarding environment variables.
I'm using JDK 1.4.2_03
Can anyone please help as Tomcat is now unusable outside *nix!
cheers,
Alistair

Re: 5.0.19 - won't start on anything other thatn *nix

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br>.
I use it on win2000, and woks fine (although some probs at service install)

Alistair Young wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've now tried Tomcat 5.0.19 on 3 different machines and 2 OSes:
> On Windows XP and MAC OS X 10.3.3, running bin/startup.bat/sh or
> bin/catalina.bat/sh start produces the error:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.setAwait(boolean)
>         at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:978)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.setAwait(Bootstrap.java:337)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:396)
> JAVA_HOME and CATALINE_HOME are set OK. No errors are produced by
> catalina.bat regarding environment variables.
> I'm using JDK 1.4.2_03
> Can anyone please help as Tomcat is now unusable outside *nix!
> cheers,
> Alistair

Emerson Cargnin
Analista de Sistemas
Setor de Desenvolvimento de Sistemas - TRE-SC
tel : (048) - 251-3700 - Ramal 3181

Re: 5.0.19 - working at last!

Posted by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk>.
hey hey hey! I'm an idiot - always a nice way to introduce  yourself to
a list :))))))
I have a USB stick drive which I use to copy JAVA_HOME/lib/ext files
around between  machines and guess what? I'd only gone and copied an
old catalina.jar to lib/ext, you know, the one without setAwait
defined!
All works now!
thanks for listening to a moron!
Alistair