Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Robinson, Eric" <er...@pmcipa.com> on 2007/05/08 14:18:52 UTC

Newbie Question: How to Disable Caching?

We have a medical program that runs on two tomcat servers behind an LVS
load balancer. Everything works fine except for one particular function
that apparently relies on data in the tomcat5/work directory. If the
load balancer directs a request to a tomcat server that has different
cache data, the function fails.

Is there a way to disable caching in tomcat so nothing gets stored in
the work directory? Or is that just a stupid question?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - May 8, 2007
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Tomcat Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management (PSM) or Physician's Managed Care (PMC). Warning: Although the message sender has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, neither PSM nor PMC can accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

Re: Newbie Question: How to Disable Caching?

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Robinson, Eric wrote:
> We have a medical program that runs on two tomcat servers behind an LVS
> load balancer. Everything works fine except for one particular function
> that apparently relies on data in the tomcat5/work directory. If the
> load balancer directs a request to a tomcat server that has different
> cache data, the function fails.
>
> Is there a way to disable caching in tomcat so nothing gets stored in
> the work directory? Or is that just a stupid question?

(OS, tomcat version, etc, please)

It depends on what the data is and how it got there; can you enlighten
us as to what is the 'particular function'?

If the application (rather than the server) is writing data to the work
dir, then that's the component that needs fixing (by storing the data in
a database perhaps).