Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu> on 2008/12/29 22:43:11 UTC

[TAP5] single letter properties not working??

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-425

In our code we used some single letter properties.  This used to work in
tapestry 5.0.15 or so.. but when we upgraded to 5.1-SNAPSHOT, tapestry
now fails at runtime with a very weird execption.  Any clues to get this
fixed in tapestry would be appreciated.

Below is the exception, the getter we have in the page.java, and how
it's used in the page.tml.

## exception (runtime)
Could not convert 'K' into a component parameter binding: Node
<unexpected: [@-1,0:0='<no text>',<-1>,0:-1], resync=null> (within
expression 'K') was type <invalid>, but was expected to be (one of)
IDENTIFIER, INVOKE, LIST, RANGEOP.

## .java
public boolean isK() {
	return true; // if is of kicker type
}

## .tml
<t:if test="K">
</t:if>

The weird thing is that this keeps failing, even if I change the tml:

<t:if test="prop:K">
</t:if>

Re: [TAP5] single letter properties not working??

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'll look into it shortly. Probably just a problem with the ANTLR grammar.

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-425
>
> In our code we used some single letter properties.  This used to work in
> tapestry 5.0.15 or so.. but when we upgraded to 5.1-SNAPSHOT, tapestry now
> fails at runtime with a very weird execption.  Any clues to get this fixed
> in tapestry would be appreciated.
>
> Below is the exception, the getter we have in the page.java, and how it's
> used in the page.tml.
>
> ## exception (runtime)
> Could not convert 'K' into a component parameter binding: Node <unexpected:
> [@-1,0:0='<no text>',<-1>,0:-1], resync=null> (within expression 'K') was
> type <invalid>, but was expected to be (one of) IDENTIFIER, INVOKE, LIST,
> RANGEOP.
>
> ## .java
> public boolean isK() {
>        return true; // if is of kicker type
> }
>
> ## .tml
> <t:if test="K">
> </t:if>
>

> The weird thing is that this keeps failing, even if I change the tml:
>
> <t:if test="prop:K">
> </t:if>

Howard M. Lewis Ship