Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl> on 2021/05/02 13:12:17 UTC

Re: Getting version upgrade advise to upgrade a BOM..

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.
Apparently the "standard" maven versions plugin does not do this correctly
yet.

I was looking at this renovate tool yet what I found is that it seems to
only support creating pull/merge requests.
This is very nice but not what I want right now.
Is there a way to run it locally (without any github/gitlab/... system) and
generate a patch file or just a list of problematic versions?

Niels Basjes

Niels Basjes

Re: Getting version upgrade advise to upgrade a BOM..

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
If your bom version is in a property you must run display-properties-update instead https://www.mojohaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/display-property-updates-mojo.html

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net
________________________________
Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Hi,

> [...]

>> correctly
>> > yet.
>> >
>> > I was looking at this renovate tool yet what I found is that it seems to
>> > only support creating pull/merge requests.
>> > This is very nice but not what I want right now.
>> > Is there a way to run it locally (without any github/gitlab/... system)
>> and
>> > generate a patch file or just a list of problematic versions?
>> >
>> > Niels Basjes

>> the

>> > https://github.com/mojohaus/versions-maven-plugin/issues/395

>> are
>> > for a

>> pom.xml:

>> not
>> what I

>> libraries-bom

>> > and

>> > --
>> > Best regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,

Niels Basjes

Re: Getting version upgrade advise to upgrade a BOM..

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Thanks,

wrote:

> To update the BOM dependencies you can use the Maven versions plugin:
>
> mvn versions:use-latest-versions versions:update-properties
> -DgenerateBackupPoms=false
>
> Hth,
>
> Nick Stolwijk
>
> ~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and, when
> your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you
> have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~
>
> Lord Baden-Powell
>

> On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 3:12 PM Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion.
> > Apparently the "standard" maven versions plugin does not do this
> correctly
> > yet.
> >
> > I was looking at this renovate tool yet what I found is that it seems to
> > only support creating pull/merge requests.
> > This is very nice but not what I want right now.
> > Is there a way to run it locally (without any github/gitlab/... system)
> and
> > generate a patch file or just a list of problematic versions?
> >
> > Niels Basjes
> >

> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 3:40 AM Tomo Suzuki <su...@google.com.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Niels,
> > > (Thank you for using the libraries-bom! I'm one of the maintainers of
> the
> > > BOM.)
> > >
> > > I don't know how to do it in Maven. However, I often see people using
> > > dependabot or
> > > renovatebot integrated with their repositories.
> > > An example pull request by renovatebot:
> > > https://github.com/googleapis/java-securitycenter/pull/472
> > >
> > > Note that RenovateBot doesn't require GitHub.com repository:
> > > https://github.com/renovatebot/renovate#self-hosting

> > https://github.com/mojohaus/versions-maven-plugin/issues/395

> > for a

> pom.xml:

> > > versions

> not
> > > the
> > > update
> > > need

> libraries-bom

> > > plugin:
> > and

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Tomo
> > >

> > --
> > Best regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,
> >
> > Niels Basjes

Niels Basjes

Re: Getting version upgrade advise to upgrade a BOM..

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.