Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Håkan Jonsson <ha...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/29 13:15:24 UTC

Plotting

First, let me say I think Zeppelin is a great project.
Second, it is not clear to me how to do plotting when not using sql. I
assume there is some way of using the same charts as for sql, to plot a
dataframe, but I can't find out how.

/Håkan

Re: Plotting

Posted by clark djilo kuissu <dj...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi Moon,
  How to plot a wordCloud from a rdd ?
Thanks in advance,
Clark

     Le Samedi 30 mai 2015 1h56, moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> a écrit :

 Hi,

For data frame, try

z.show(yourDataFrame)

Thanks,
moon
On 2015년 5월 29일 (금) at 오후 8:44 DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Hakan
I faced the same issue.
Suppose you have an RDD[(String,String,Int)] or any type of data. To display tables or plot:
var data = new java.lang.StringBuilder("%table Header1\tHeader2\Header3\n")
rdd.foreach( tuple => data.append(tuple._1).append("\t").append(tuple._2).append("\t").append(tuple._3).append("\n"))
Then, in a SEPARATED paragraph, you will do:
println(data.toString());

 This is so horrendous that I made this pull request to simplify all this: https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/80

Re: Plotting

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.