Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Nelson Kotowski <nk...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/09 01:14:57 UTC

WSRF Example + Adding Custom Capability

Hello everyone,

Happy 2008 to all!

I'm facing some difficulties here in Muse. I am using Eclipse TPTP - all
working fine - with Tomcat 6.0 as app server.

I created a project wsrf and imported the WSRF Muse sample. It works quite
fine as expected.

Later, i intended to add one custom capability and expose it. Initially it
does not expose any wsrf operation, but i intend to it in the future.
Anyway, i recall that I should modify the muse.xml, the router-entries and
the WsResource.wsdl. I did it. I put my capability (ExecuteQuery) under the
resource type WsResource, i added the use-router-persistence parameter as
true and created a resource-instance-3.xml in a directory called
/router-entries/WsResource, pointing to MuseResource-3 and also added the
schema, messages, operations and needed info on the wsdl file.

Finally, i added my packages in the project and modified the
WsrfTestClient.java so that i could call my capability method. But i don't
know why, after i compile, generate the .war file and publish it into
Tomcat, I get this message:

org.apache.muse.ws.addressing.soap.SoapFault: [ID =
'DestinationUnreachable'] There is no resource available at the given EPR:

<wsa:EndpointReference xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
    <wsa:Address>http://10.0.0.6:8080/wsrf/services/WsResource</wsa:Address>
</wsa:EndpointReference>

The existing EPRs hosted by this endpoint are:

<wsa:EndpointReference xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
    <wsa:ReferenceParameters xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing
">
        <muse-wsa:ResourceId xmlns:muse-wsa="
http://ws.apache.org/muse/addressing">MuseResource-1</muse-wsa:ResourceId>
    </wsa:ReferenceParameters>
    <wsa:Address>http://10.0.0.6:8080/wsrf/services/WsResourceFactory
</wsa:Address>
</wsa:EndpointReference>

<wsa:EndpointReference xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
    <wsa:ReferenceParameters xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing
">
        <muse-wsa:ResourceId xmlns:muse-wsa="
http://ws.apache.org/muse/addressing
">uuid:b06d48a8-9e48-01bb-a655-291bbb7de2ce</muse-wsa:ResourceId>
    </wsa:ReferenceParameters>
    <wsa:Address>http://10.0.0.6:8080/wsrf/services/WsResource</wsa:Address>
</wsa:EndpointReference>

<wsa:EndpointReference xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
    <wsa:ReferenceParameters xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing
"/>
    <wsa:Address>http://10.0.0.6:8080/wsrf/services/ServiceGroup
</wsa:Address>
</wsa:EndpointReference>

<wsa:EndpointReference xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
    <wsa:ReferenceParameters xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing
">
        <muse-wsa:ResourceId xmlns:muse-wsa="
http://ws.apache.org/muse/addressing">MuseResource-3</muse-wsa:ResourceId>
    </wsa:ReferenceParameters>
    <wsa:Address>http://10.0.0.6:8080/wsrf/services/WsResource</wsa:Address>
</wsa:EndpointReference>
Pinging Muse to initialize the endpoint...
Waiting 10 seconds while simulation creates WS-resources...

Why does it say I do not have a resource avaiable at that EPR and later it
says that my EPR is valid?

I got a bit confused... any help will be great!!!

Also, i realize the use of the MyFactory in the example, but i couldn't
catch where its methods are called in WsrfTestClient.java. How does this
happen? The simple fact that it is listed as a capability in muse.xml makes
it initialize automatically?

Thanks to everyone!
Nelson P Kotowski Filho.

RE: WSRF Example + Adding Custom Capability

Posted by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com>.
Hi Nelson,
I think you're taking the wrong approach here.

A wsdl defines all the functionality that your resource can support.  So
just changing from one capability type to another doesn't necessarily
make your resource WS-RF enabled or have more features.

For example, changing from AbstractCapability to
AbstractWsResourceCapability doesn't mean that your resource now
supports WS-ResourceProperties.  Or adding a NotificationProducer
capability to muse.xml doesn't mean your resource now supports WS-N.

What you should do is review your wsdl and define any WS-RF operations
that you want your resource to have.  Then run wsdl2java, and it should
generate the correct capability types and properly configure the
muse.xml based on the functionality defined in your wsdl.
-Vinh

Posted by Nelson Kotowski <nk...@gmail.com>.
Ok Vinh,

Posted by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com>.