Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Clint Shank <cl...@fanniemae.com> on 2003/03/19 20:57:26 UTC

Stopping the Server at the Beginning of Tests

Hi,

I'm trying to do this kind of automated testing:

stop a running server instance
get the latest code and build
start the server
run the tests
wait for the next build cycle which is a few hours away

I'm actually using CruiseControl for this and am using the
runservertests Ant task.  The ultimate goal is to keep the server up
until the next build cycle for manual testing.  I first tried removing
the stopTarget of runservertests, but the build fails saying this is
required.  Any suggestions?  I'm using 1.4b1.

Re: Stopping the Server at the Beginning of Tests

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Clint Shank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do this kind of automated testing:
>
> stop a running server instance
> get the latest code and build
> start the server
> run the tests
> wait for the next build cycle which is a few hours away
>
> I'm actually using CruiseControl for this and am using the
> runservertests Ant task.  The ultimate goal is to keep the server up
> until the next build cycle for manual testing.  I first tried removing
> the stopTarget of runservertests, but the build fails saying this is
> required.  Any suggestions?  I'm using 1.4b1.

This might sound like a stupid question, but why are you stopping the
server in the first place? Couldn't you just keep it running all the
time, and re-deploy the application before running the tests?

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de