Posted to users@maven.apache.org by javijava <we...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/14 11:04:42 UTC

FATAL ERROR on release:prepare with a super-pom

Hi folks,

I'm trying to do a mv nrelease:prepare  from a super-pom that have a lsit of
proyects i want to release to the same version..

All was runing fine,asking the new version, the SCM TAG ..but just after
this i have a "FATAL ERROR" : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 37
at
...shared.release.phase.RewritePomsForReleasePhase.TranslateUrlPath(RewritePomForReleasePhase.java:249)

If any one  know this issue, reply quickly please, i need do the release
this morning.

Thanks a lot to all for all.

Have a nice day and nice holydays!!

RE: FATAL ERROR on release:prepare with a super-pom

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
This is deep down in the maven-release code, so no, you don't have to adjust it.

Why are you using relativePath? If you remove it and do a mvn install the super pom is copied to your local repository and found from there.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk

Posted by javijava <we...@gmail.com>.

>De code at the linenumber is:

        if ( trunkPath.endsWith( "/" ) )
        {
            trunkPath = trunkPath.substring( 0, trunkPath.length() - 1 );
        }
        if ( tagPath.endsWith( "/" ) )
        {
            tagPath = tagPath.substring( 0, tagPath.length() - 1 );
        }

.Where are placed this lines? in a maven-configuration fike?
.i must modify this..or is only the way that maven work with paths?

>Which will throw an exception if your trunkPath or tagPath is empty.
Is possible, that the <parent> tags in each sub-project are wrong?

i have the super-pom in a folder like the sub projects (same level), an
example of tags:

<parent>
                   <groupId>xxx</groupId>
                   <artifactId>super-pom</artifactId>
                   <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
		   <relativePath>../super-pom/pom.xml</relativePath>
</parent>

Thanks 4 the reply Nick.

RE: FATAL ERROR on release:prepare with a super-pom

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
De code at the linenumber is:

        if ( trunkPath.endsWith( "/" ) )
        {
            trunkPath = trunkPath.substring( 0, trunkPath.length() - 1 );
        }
        if ( tagPath.endsWith( "/" ) )
        {
            tagPath = tagPath.substring( 0, tagPath.length() - 1 );
        }

Which will throw an exception if your trunkPath or tagPath is empty.

So something is wrong with that, I don't know what.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk