Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2002/04/26 12:09:18 UTC

nested tasks

Hi,

Is it possible to nest one task within another?  If yes, are there any good docs
   / examples of this?

What I'm trying to achieve:

1) using a custom cvs task, I get my filesystem in synch with any modifications
from in the cvs repository.

2) check the code still builds, tests run successfully etc.

3) remove any removed files from the repository, add any new files, commit any
modifications.

At the moment I have written a task that performs stage1.  stage 3 and stage 1
repeat much of the same work - e.g. identifying what needs getting, merging with
the repository. So it would seem to make sense for 1 and 3 to be part of some
enclosing task that deletgates to an enclosed build or junit task to check the
new build before committing the changes.  Is this possible?

thanks
Nathan