Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martino Piccinato <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/08 10:11:09 UTC

[T4.1.2] stale link on ajax modified form

Hi all,

I'm getting this stale link exception when dynamically modifying a
form (some combos depending one on each other), I've read about this
problem no the list and it seemed to be solved in the new tapestry 4.1
If component, meaning that it should be "form safe".

The fact is that I'm not getting the "usual" exception about missing
field #x named blahblah, rather this:

AddCustomerPage2/customerDetailsForm expected only 0 form elements,
but an additional id was requested by component
AddCustomerPage2/roleSelector.showThisComponent

.</span>

the strange thing is that "customerDetailsForm" is a completely
different form from "roleSelector" (even though they appear on the
same page) the form are both correctly closed and "showThisComponent"
appears just in the reservedids of "customerDetailsForm (not
roleSelector form!) but I don't have any component with that id.

Does anyone know what could be happening?

P.S:

expliticly setting submitForm="customerDetailsForm" on my
EventListener does not change the situation (as it should be...)

Re: [T4.1.2] stale link on ajax modified form

Posted by Martino Piccinato <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well it ended up to be a firebug strange behaviour (or bug?). The
request/response cycle was perfectly showed in the console as
expected, while in the XHR tab was showed the request/exception
response cycle mentioned before. It appears that by disabling firebug
the network monitoring option (Options -> Disable Network Monitoring)
that request/response wasn't happening anymore so I must think that
was something firebug was generating by his own.

Don't know whether I'm missing something about firebug behaviour or if
it's just a bug, in my opinion network monitoring should be just
"monitoring" and not issuing requests.

Re: [T4.1.2] stale link on ajax modified form

Posted by Martino Piccinato <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well, after some cleanup and further test now the component is
(apparently) working perfectly. There was in fact some bad old code in
there that was messing up things.

But the strangest thing ever is that  firebug still gives me that
stalelinkexception when I fire my ajax eventlistener!! even though the
component is working. Nor I see any other request/response (XHR/NET)
with the html fragments that I KNOW are being updated (I just see
screen changing...)

So the situation is this:

I change a select, see a single request starting in firebug XHR/Net,
going to the correct listener and marked as dojo-ajax-request: true I
get the response, the second select is correctly updated, I look into
the response content with firebug and I see the above reported stale
link exception!

I'm puzzled.

Re: [T4.1.2] stale link on ajax modified form

Posted by Martino Piccinato <ma...@gmail.com>.
in fact the only thing it were previously persisted in session were
IPropertySelectionModel but I thought this was just a mistake because
it had no much sense, giong to make some test more..

Re: [T4.1.2] stale link on ajax modified form

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Did you resolve this?
Looks like some state is different between render and rewind... and this
might be caused by a lot of things.

Try persisting things to session till you find what causes the problem,
then roll back & use
... the new knowledge

Martino Piccinato wrote:
> just to be precise:
>
> customerDetailsForm does contain much more than 0 fields while
> roleSelect form contains just 1 field. On the ajax request a couple of
> customerDetailsForm are made visible/invisible (actually I tried both:
> using "If" that makes them disappear from the DOM and using a
> component that simply wrap them as "visible:none;" that does not, same
> result).

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: [T4.1.2] stale link on ajax modified form