Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by ch...@pinky.co.uk on 2017/03/23 21:20:58 UTC

Adding a new JDBC database to KiWi

Hi -

Is there any documentation about adding a new JDBC source to Marmotta for
the KiWi store ?

I would like to add a driver built upon the data direct JDBC SDK. I have the
jar, class name, url etc.

Cheers

Chris Day

c: +44 7930 909 297

p: +44 207 870 3390

s: bigchrisday

 <https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chrisdaybusinessintelligence>
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chrisdaybusinessintelligence

RE: Adding a new JDBC database to KiWi

Posted by ch...@pinky.co.uk.
Thanks Sergio –

This definitely helps.

At the moment, the only nuance I’m finding is what looks like a known issue the MessageBodyWrite when testing out new JDBC parameters/connections within the KiWiStore

org.jboss.resteasy.core.NoMessageBodyWriterFoundFailure: Could not find MessageBodyWriter for response object of type: org.apache.marmotta.platform.core.jaxrs.exceptionmappers.ErrorResponse of media type: application/octet-stream

A couple of folks have reported this over the years but looks like the root cause has never been resolved – i.e. produce the meaningful error response so remediation can proceed.

Are there alternative tests that should be used here ?

Cheers

Chris Day

c: +44 7930 909 297

p: +44 207 870 3390

s: bigchrisday

 <https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chrisdaybusinessintelligence> https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chrisdaybusinessintelligence

Is there any documentation about adding a new JDBC source to Marmotta for the KiWi store ?

I would like to add a driver built upon the data direct JDBC SDK. I have the jar, class name, url etc.

Besides the JBDC connection, which you can find documentation at http://marmotta.apache.org/configuration.html

You should be aware that the KiWi triplestore implements specialized access to each database supported. That means that probably it'd wouldn't be compatible to any other database just because can connect via JDBC.

If you want to know the internal, the source code is the best place to start:

https://github.com/apache/marmotta/tree/develop/libraries/kiwi/kiwi-triplestore/src/main/java/org/apache/marmotta/kiwi/persistence

Because adding a new database will involve implementing the support for it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--

Sergio Fernández