Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/16 22:07:01 UTC

A maven plugin helps install artifacts for a standalone Tuscany application

Hi,

I twisted our war maven plugin so that it can now be used to either install
a tuscany standalone application to a directory with the similar structure
as we have for the WAR or create a zip file containing all the required
artifacts and you can unzip it somewhere to run.

Do you see any values? I found it simplify my life to deploy the
helloworldwsclient sample which has quite a few dependencies.

If the answer is yes, I can check in the changes into trunk.

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: A maven plugin helps install artifacts for a standalone Tuscany application

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
The point of the branch is to provide a base for stabilization and we
should not be adding new functionality to it.

This is standalone Maven plugin and if its something we want we can
release it independently.
--
Jeremy

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you got it.

Raymond

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Oct 16, 2006, at 1:07 PM, Raymond Feng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I twisted our war maven plugin so that it can now be used to either
> install a tuscany standalone application to a directory with the
> similar structure as we have for the WAR or create a zip file
> containing all the required artifacts and you can unzip it
> somewhere to run.
>
> Do you see any values? I found it simplify my life to deploy the
> helloworldwsclient sample which has quite a few dependencies.

I think this has a lot of value and is one of the directions we
should take deployment...which reminds me we should kick off a
discussion on deployment, provisioning, and service discovery.

Jim