Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com> on 2021/01/04 15:02:45 UTC

Nowhere to download AIR runtime

Wow was I mistaken. I thought that when Harman took over Adobe AIR, there
would still be a runtime available for customers to download. I do not see
anywhere for clients to do that. So the only option for AIR is now to use
captive runtime. Is that correct?

Re: Nowhere to download AIR runtime

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Captive runtime was recommended a long time ago by Adobe if I understand
correctly. This is also the only way where you get 64bit application.

pon., 4 sty 2021 o 16:03 Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com> napisaƂ(a):

> Wow was I mistaken. I thought that when Harman took over Adobe AIR, there
> would still be a runtime available for customers to download. I do not see
> anywhere for clients to do that. So the only option for AIR is now to use
> captive runtime. Is that correct?

Piotr Zarzycki

RE: Nowhere to download AIR runtime

Posted by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com>.
I appreciate the info and I've switched to captive runtime. However, my app
has been using AdobeAIRInstaller for AIR 30, which I have installed on my
machine but for which I have no backup installer file if the machine takes a
dive. Is there anywhere that I might be able to download an archived version
of AIR 30? Thank you