Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/10 06:08:59 UTC

Re: Unused modules

Hi Folks,

I removed following modules on staging branch [1] and created a separate
branch named archive to keep old changes.

allocation-manager
cloud
db-event-manager
gfac
integration-tests
monitoring
test-suite
workflow
workflow-model
xbaya
xbaya-gui

Following modules were kept as there are some dependencies to other modules

compute-account-provisioning
configuration
security

Updated repository was tested in the Testing environment and everything
seems to be running smoothly. I will redeploy Staging setup in few days and
merge changes to develop branch as well.

Thanks
Dimuthu

[1] https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/staging/modules

Re: Unused modules

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Thanks Dimuthu

> On Dec 28, 2018, at 6:52 AM, DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Marcus,
>
> I brought it back [1]
>
> Dimuthu
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/airavata/commit/78a22163a39a9985d34fa635754ebf9064ee8305 <https://github.com/apache/airavata/commit/78a22163a39a9985d34fa635754ebf9064ee8305>
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 8:51 AM Christie, Marcus Aaron <machrist@iu.edu <ma...@iu.edu>> wrote:
> Hi Dimuthu,
>
> Yes, it's loaded at runtime. See the db_event_manager property in airavata-server.properties.  See also [1].
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcus
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/33a601fe84d297b11171a1157a2561a451ad9d84/modules/server/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/server/ServerMain.java#L126-L126 <https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/33a601fe84d297b11171a1157a2561a451ad9d84/modules/server/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/server/ServerMain.java#L126-L126>
>

>> On Dec 16, 2018, at 3:57 AM, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Marcus,
>>
>> Thanks for raising this issue. Is that a runtime dependency? For me, everything compiled without db-event-manager [1]. Can you point me to the place where we are using that?
>>
>> [1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/airavata/builds/465830628 <https://travis-ci.org/apache/airavata/builds/465830628>
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dimuthu
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 6:22 AM Christie, Marcus Aaron <machrist@iu.edu <ma...@iu.edu>> wrote:
>> Hi Dimuthu,
>>
>> Thanks for cleaning things up!  However, I'm pretty sure we're still using db-event-manager to manage our event-based synchronization between Airavata services.
>>
>> The rest looks good to be removed though.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Marcus
>>
>>> On Dec 10, 2018, at 1:08 AM, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> I removed following modules on staging branch [1] and created a separate branch named archive to keep old changes.
>>>
>>> allocation-manager
>>> cloud
>>> db-event-manager
>>> gfac
>>> integration-tests
>>> monitoring
>>> test-suite
>>> workflow
>>> workflow-model
>>> xbaya

Re: Unused modules

Posted by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcus,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 8:51 AM Christie, Marcus Aaron <ma...@iu.edu>
wrote:

> [...]
>>> be available in Airavata, 2019, 2020?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sudhakar.
>>>
>>> *From: *DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>
>>> *Date: *Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:30 AM
>>> *To: *"dev@airavata.apache.org" <de...@airavata.apache.org>
>>> *Subject: *Re: Unused modules
>>>
>>> Hi Suresh,
>>>
>>> +1 for removing gfac modules as well
>>>
>>> Dimuthu
>>>
>>> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 6:32 PM Apache Airavata <sm...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 to remove all of them. While you are at it, should we also remove
>>> gfac modules from develop and staging branches?
>>>
>>> Suresh
>>>

>>> On Nov 30, 2018, at 6:44 AM, DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> I can see that some modules [1] are no longer being used or actively

>>> cloud

Re: Unused modules

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Hi Dimuthu,

> [...]

>>> Sudhakar.
>>>
>>> From: DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>>
>>> Date: Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:30 AM
>>> To: "dev@airavata.apache.org <ma...@airavata.apache.org>" <dev@airavata.apache.org <ma...@airavata.apache.org>>
>>> Subject: Re: Unused modules
>>>
>>> Hi Suresh,
>>>
>>> +1 for removing gfac modules as well
>>>
>>> Dimuthu
>>>
>>> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 6:32 PM Apache Airavata <smarru.apache@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>> +1 to remove all of them. While you are at it, should we also remove gfac modules from develop and staging branches?
>>>
>>> Suresh
>>>

>>> On Nov 30, 2018, at 6:44 AM, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> I can see that some modules [1] are no longer being used or actively developed.

>>> cloud

Re: Unused modules

Posted by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcus,