Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Peter Klotz <pe...@blue-elephant-systems.com> on 2006/04/07 20:46:56 UTC

http endpoint in provider mode: dynamic destination?

Hi,

I'm wondering whether when one has a servicemix-http su deployed with a HTTP
endpoint in provider mode (outgoing from the NMR), the locationURI attribute has
to be set to a fixed value like this:

  <http:endpoint service="bes:http-client"
                 endpoint="http-client"
                 role="provider"
                 locationURI="http://localhost:8192/service/"
                 soap="false" />

in my case it is difficult if not impossible to statically anticipate the target
URIs where a request should be sent to. I've followed the thread on "Dynamically
adding and removing http endpoints" but I did not really understand how I could
from e.g. a routing component dynamically create/deploy new endpoint SUs?

Is there a mechanism for such a certainly common scenario?
Is there an example of doing such thing?

The easiest way would be if there is a possibility to provide the locationURI in
the request and have the endpoint pick this from the request but that isn't
certainly something generically usable?

Thanks, Peter

Re: http endpoint in provider mode: dynamic destination?

Posted by jlo_gestalt <jl...@gestalt-llc.com>.
Here is the JIRA item associated with this thread:
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-695

Posted by jlo_gestalt <jl...@gestalt-llc.com>.
Would the consumer be able to call MessageExchange.getServiceEndpoint,
getEndpoint, downcast to HTTPEndpoint, and call the setLocationURI() method?
Would that work as well?

Also, if we created the JIRA issue for the first solution and implemented
the code, would you guys be willing to incorporate the changes into
ServiceMix?

Re: http endpoint in provider mode: dynamic destination?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
No for both questions.

On 10/9/06, jlo_gestalt <jl...@gestalt-llc.com> wrote:

> Was a JIRA issue ever created for this request?
> Did the first recommendation ever get implemented into the HTTP BC?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: http endpoint in provider mode: dynamic destination?

Posted by jlo_gestalt <jl...@gestalt-llc.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

In the thread you mention, I was mainly talking about consumer
endpoints.  This is the other side of the problem.
As you said, I see mainly two ways to solve the problem : put the
targetLocation in a property of the exchange (or message ?) so that
the component would look for it and use it or create dynamically an
endpoint (through the use of the management endpoint I was talking
about).
I think both solutions are complementary, because i think they will
not be used for the same problems: endpoint creation is imho prefered
to ease deployment, but if the target location is different for each
request, the first solution is better.

Could you please raise a JIRA issue for the first one ? The second
should be part of the existing one for the management endpoint.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet