Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com> on 2006/01/09 15:42:03 UTC

css background-image

Hi,

Is there an elegant way to use css background-image like
"background-image: url(images/fond1.gif)" in Tapestry ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Stéphane Decleire
sdecleire@cariboo-networks.com

Re: css background-image

Posted by Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi <le...@dtqsoftware.com>.
Stephane Decleire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an elegant way to use css background-image like
> "background-image: url(images/fond1.gif)" in Tapestry ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Using a stylesheet like everyone else... or put your
style="background-image: url(images/fond1.gif)" in the relevant HTML
component (this is not JSF)

--
Ing. Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi
DTQ Software

RE: css background-image

Posted by Aaron Bartell <al...@gmail.com>.
I didn't initially see the benefit, but I just went out to google and found
this particular page that explained it better to me:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/3.0.3/doc/DevelopersGuide/components.asse
ts.html

Here is the main point of the page:
"Tapestry uses the assets concept to address two areas: localization and
deployment."

After reading that it would also be nice to have assets if you allow
detailed customization of a site by having the user provide a completely
different .css file.  This is extremely nice for web packages that are
created for resale and the package needs to look similar to the clients home
site.

HTH,
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com