Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/30 23:44:12 UTC

Continuum xmlrpc

On 1/27/06, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:

> Henri Yandell a écrit :
> > 2) xmlrpc python.
>
> This feature isn't tested and documentation is out of date.
> We don't have officially a xmlrpc client, it will be integrated in next release (java client), but
> you can find it there : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-544

I went ahead and used it and it's working pretty well. Had to add a
few methods etc, which I've tacked on to the issue. I'm finding that
although I can add, edit and remove projects, I can't seem to edit the
build definition of the project (or add a 2nd one).

Looking at the xmlrpc side of things:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/branches/continuum-1.0.x/continuum-xmlrpc/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/xmlrpc/DefaultXmlRpcHelper.java

it looks like the hashtableToObject method only handles basic
properties; not nested Objects. Born out by:

" Could not convert a java.util.Vector to a java.util.List. Field
name: buildDefinitions "

from the convertValueToSetterType.

So something for me to work on once I get continuum-1.0.x building.

Hen