Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dion Gillard <di...@trongus.com> on 2008/03/13 07:32:48 UTC

[vfs] VFS 1.0 & CIFS

What's the recommended way of using commons-vfs 1.0 with CIFS support?

dIon Gillard
Rule #131 of Acquisition: Information is Profit.

Re: [vfs] VFS 1.0 & CIFS

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@trongus.com>.
Nothing's been updated here:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/commons/

for vfs since oct 2007

Re: [vfs] VFS 1.0 & CIFS

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Re: [vfs] VFS 1.0 & CIFS

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@trongus.com>.
For anyone else doing this,

I check the code out from the vfs-1.0 tag

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/vfs-1.0

Running 'mvn install' on the tagged source has test failures.

Contrary to http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/skipping-test.html
using 'mvn install -DskipTests' does not work once the tests have
failed, it continues to report test failures.
In the end I had to run

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean install

to build the jar.

?

Re: [vfs] VFS 1.0 & CIFS

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@trongus.com>.

Re: [vfs] VFS 1.0 & CIFS

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
>> What's the recommended way of using commons-vfs 1.0 with CIFS support?
>
> You mean where to get the SMB provider from?
>
> Supposed to be in the vfs sandbox ...Mario?
Sorry for being late, wasn't able to connect to our mailserver through
the JSFDays conference network.

Yepp, still in the sandbox.

Ciao,
Mario