Posted to regexp-user@jakarta.apache.org by Dan Urbano <Da...@tamgroup.com> on 2005/11/18 00:05:33 UTC

Re: WELCOME to regexp-user@jakarta.apache.org

I do not know if I should direct this question to oro-user or regex-user,
as I am unsure where my problem is.

I am using jakarta-oro 2.0.8 and I think regexp-1.4.  I assume oro 2.0.8 is
dependent on the regex project and that the jvm picks up the
jakarta-regexp-1.4.jar I put in the ant/lib directory.

I created a test file which contains the following information:

LOOK FOR ME
AND ME

My ant build.xml file has the following...

<property name="ant.regexp.regexpimpl"
              value="org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.JakartaOroRegexp"/>

<target ...>
  <replaceregexp match="^LOOK FOR ME$^AND ME$"
                     replace="DONE LOOKING"
                     flags="gm"
                     byline="false">
    <fileset dir="src" includes="testfile.txt"/>
  </replaceregexp>
</target>

If I only look for one line with, or without the "^" and "$", it works
(e.g. ^LOOK FOR ME$).  It's only when looking across multiple lines that it
does not.

Am I using the right syntax?  Did I set up the "flags" and "byline"
attributes correctly?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Daniel