Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/06 20:05:12 UTC

Geo functions from Latest RDF4J Jar

If you have any opinions or knowledge on this, I'd love to hear it.  I plan
to make this part of Apache Rya, so I want to know before I start.

I want to use the Geo FILTER functions from the latest RDF4J Jar to use
with the Fluo Query Framework.  I was thinking of all kinds of twisted
Maven dependency work-arounds/hacks.  And just now it occurred to me that
the new libraries are completely repackaged from the OpenRDF/Sesame
versions that the rest of Rya uses -- there should not be any conflicts!

So now I'm thinking of adding the RDF4J v4 libraries that I need and
treating them as unrelated libraries.

The complicating factor here is that these will be geo libs with
dependancies on GeoTools (via Spatial4J).  This means it will go into the
optional Geo profile.

david.

Re: Geo functions from Latest RDF4J Jar

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
It'll be interesting to see how you straddle these two versions, but
eventually we need to upgrade to RDF4j.  I realize this is a pretty big
task (not just for the main source, but the tests as well).  But besides
bug fixes and this Geo FILTER functions:

-- RDF4j 2.0+ looks like they cleaned up the APIs and started to take
advantage of some Java 7/8 concepts [1].

-- Apache Rya would get a mention on their RDF4j Databases page :)   [2]

--Aaron

[1] http://docs.rdf4j.org/migration/
[2] http://rdf4j.org/about/rdf4j-databases/