Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gregg Bolinger <gd...@embeddedthought.com> on 2003/08/03 05:05:59 UTC

Connection Pooling

I am trying to setup MySQL connection pooling in Tomcat 4.1.24 and when
I try and add

<resource-ref>
      <description>DB Connection</description>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/TestDB</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

to my web.xml file, it complains that <resource-ref> is not allowed as a
<web-app> element.  Is the documentation accurate?  Or am I missing
something?  Link the documentation I am referring to is here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples
-howto.html

thanks

Gregg

RE: Connection Pooling

Posted by Gregg Bolinger <gd...@embeddedthought.com>.
Ok, got that resolved.  I just had the element order in my web.xml file
wrong.  Of course now I am getting this error:

cannot create resource instance

So I am off to research that.

Gregg

RE: Connection Pooling