Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by JT <l-...@ahab.com> on 2000/09/21 06:49:42 UTC

Re: [Cocoon Users] Re: What now? (was: another SQL and XSP question)

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 11:50:34PM -0400, Donald Ball wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Drasko Kokic wrote:
> also, when it comes down to it, if i have an hour free to work on cocoon,
> i'm more apt to spend it fixing bugs and writing code than writing docs.
> shitty attitude, i guess, but the fact remains that while i'm a decent
> coder, i'm not a decent writer.

I think those of us who are decent admins or writers but shitty coders
appreciate that you work on the code than the docs =)  So far I have
no big gripes with the docs, but I'm just getting started.  When I get
further in, I'll be happy to shove some documentation along if I
perceive a need.

For anyone who wants to contribute in such a manner, it's useful to
start by reading the list archives to see what questions come up again
and again (and aren't already in the docs).  For example, "How do I
capture form input?".  The quick answer is "write a servlet or use
xmlForms", but with Cocoon's publishing abilities it's easy for
newcomers/newbies to expect this feature as well.

--
-. --- - / . ...- . .-. -.-- / ... .. --. -. .- - ..- .-. . /
.... .- ... / -- . .- -. .. -. --.

Re: [Cocoon Users] Re: What now? (was: another SQL and XSP question)

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, JT wrote:

> For anyone who wants to contribute in such a manner, it's useful to
> start by reading the list archives to see what questions come up again
> and again (and aren't already in the docs).  For example, "How do I
> capture form input?".  The quick answer is "write a servlet or use
> xmlForms", but with Cocoon's publishing abilities it's easy for
> newcomers/newbies to expect this feature as well.

A form taglib has been talked about and I think someone wanted to
implement it.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring