Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/08 02:14:36 UTC

proper behavior for "deploy list-targets" with multiple repositories when server is not running

When the server is running, the list-targets command lists additional
repositories that may have been configured.  When the server is not
running, only the base repository is listed.

What should the correct behavior be?

The list of repositories are kept in config.xml and are not available
remotely when the server is not running.  It seems nothing should be
returned by list-targets when the server is down.

Re: proper behavior for "deploy list-targets" with multiple repositories when server is not running

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
One scenario, would be with running multiple server instances, where each
instance gets a unique config-store/repo...

Another twist on the same scenario, would be installing the server as root and
locking down the files so users couldn't change the base server install, but
would create their own instance under their home dir which uses the shared
server files....

-Donald

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.